Insights Everyday

Interesting conundrums from current events to social issues to financial matters

Saturday, June 06, 2009

Airline space

For all those short people...maybe this may not be of concern. However for those tall long legged people...this may be of concern. I just read an article on WSJ, where they are putting more seats into airlines, thus reducing leg room. Again the price is not going to drop...So basically now we don't get food, pay for something to drink on some flights, still continue to pay for checking bags, not to mention that we can't carry more than 3oz bottles in carry-on luggage...is there any room for negotiations with the industry. is it me or does this seem like a one-way street for the airlines to do whatever they want! As you can hear my frustration for 'unfair-ness'....thoughts????

1 comment:

Tru said...

Airlines run a business. The best thing they can do is make their operations run more efficiently. They're adding more seats since they can take out the food serving area. I'd be more upset if I was an overweight person, since they charge you for two seats (which I'm not against).
Once seating space encroaches on minimum comfort level, you'll start seeing ads for competing airlines that will vie for business by touting the amount of leg room.